Thursday, January 20, 2011

Chocolate Covered Strawberries

Our first assignment after being gone for three months was dessert.  Since I tend to do more high contrast photographs I wanted to try something different.  I also wanted to use hard lighting so I came up with chocolate covered strawberries.  I dipped the strawberries myself in chocolate and then drizzled some white chocolate over one.  I wanted chocolate drizzle on my plate too so I asked a fellow classmate that was on a food photography based internship what the best way to do it was.  I was told that if I mixed a little water with chocolate syrup it would make the syrup smoother to drizzle across the plate, it worked great.  I also wanted the plate to look like it was one a sea of chocolate so I used some brown silk fabric to give that effect.

6 comments:

  1. I really love your dessert. The design and the use of the satin material. very rich and tasty looking. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loovvveeee your dessert! Partially because I absolutely adore chocolate covered strawberries, and also because you did a lovely job with it. I like that you can see it's chilled instead of a fondue look. The detail is very nice and you did a lovely job brightening the strawberries from before =) only minor thing I realize now, is I would have turned the plate just a tad so the corner wasn't so close to dead center. It's not distracting at all- I just noticed it, but just a little future note?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the drizzled chocolate on the plate. Such a well thought out image. I do wish the brown sheet extended to the top of the frame, since it looks so luscious!
    you're so talented caraaa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the dessert! And well done with the chocolate drizzle. The positioning of everything is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is nice and simple and the color is fantastic. AMAZING :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the way this turned out. I saw you putting it together, nice to see it turned out so well. Nice job

    ReplyDelete