Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Us & Them

For our second client shot we were give the task to illustrate a book cover for the book Us & Them.  This book is about intolerance in the American history.   Since race was a big issue in the book I wanted to show one face with all different skin colors on it in a puzzle to show we all fit together in some way.  I shot this with my Nikon D90 with a 24-85mm lens 1/4 sec at f/7.1 ISO 200 with 1 Broncolor strobe with a soft box on it in front of her and to the right.  The make up was done by me.




Special thanks to Holli Hartman who is a fellow second year in the photojournalism concentration for modeling for me and sitting patiently while I did her make up you can check her work out here http://holliwoodhartmanphotography.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful image. The concept is great and the puzzle pieces are nicely done. I love how her eyes pop with the different colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was really cool. one of the better images in my opion. great light!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the lighting on this shot.

    ReplyDelete